Tuxedo Park Station
Tuxedo Park Station was built in 1890 at a cost of $6,315 as a commuter station for the Missouri Pacific Railroad.
It is one of several mid-County commuter stations built around the turn of the century.
These stations allowed families to move further away from their downtown workplaces.
Commuter service ceased in December 1961.
Then it was used as a railroad storage facility until 1980.
The Missouri Pacific Railroad donated the station to the City of Webster Groves in 1983 after lobbying by Mayor Jack Cooper.
This action prevented impending demolition of the station by the railroad.